For this weeks Design Challenge I decided to redo the bottom navigation on my case study biblio. I kept the buttons titles the same but made the text under them a little more legible by using an easy to read font and kept it a decent size for the users eyes. I carried through the orange color from the original design but instead of going with a complimentary color in the blue family I went darker with an almost chocolate brown. I figured I would also need some indication on what section the user was on and decided to use a masking type effect with some colors and some animation.

If you notice, when the mask moves between each section, the text color is also different. I thought the orange text stood out more on the brown masking and that the animation between each link on the bottom fits in with what the app is trying to accomplish.

Written by 

Hi, I'm Justin Pierce. I am a newly certified UX Designer with a background in Graphic Design, Web Design, and am a part-time hatchet-throwing photographer. To say I am new to this blogging thing is an understatement. I have added blogs to client websites before but never actually had to sit down and write one myself. Here goes nothing…